Home

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WHAT'S THE STORY?


I think Dickens wrote the novel to portray how at first look, social class and wealth can seem very important, but the real importance in life isn't just that. The process of trying to improve your personal qualities and forming great relationships are more important than your wealth or social standing. Pip constantly fantasized of a better self, and did many things to try and realize that. He learned how to read from Mr. Wopsle. “But, at last I began, in a purblind groping way, to read, write, and cipher, on the very smallest scale. “ In the beginning of the story, Pip uses colloquial language of his time period. As his character grew, he began to use more formal language and vocabulary, He also develops to start realizing his surroundings more. “As I had grown accustomed to my expectations, I had insensibly begun to notice their effect upon myself and those around me. “ Pip starts to reflect more on himself and on others like Estella.

No comments:

Post a Comment